Saturday, April 24, 2010

Happy Junior Ranger Day!

Did you know it's National Parks week? Yep, and today is Junior Ranger Day. It would be a great day to visit a national park, but if you can't do that you can still be a webranger like I am:

American Girl,Kiki,webranger

American Girl,Kiki,webranger

Thank you, Inky, for telling me about this! The activities on the site are really fun. Here's the link in case you want to be a webranger, too: http://www.webrangers.us/

The rain is gone and the sky is clearing and it's beautiful out! Look at the clouds!

Photobucket

I checked the rain gauge again and we got .7 inches.

Photobucket

You can see where it snowed higher up in the mountains.

Photobucket

Springtime sure is exciting!

3 comments:

  1. Aww, wow! It sure is beautiful where you live! Although I'm sad to leave Marsali and Kelsyee and everyone, I sure am looking forward to meeting you and seeing beautiful Colorado for myself.

    -Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh .. kewl on the JR Webranger .. I will have to go check that out because we do not get to very many parks since we live out in the middle of nowhere so that would be so fun ..

    Do you empty the water meter or do you let it evaporate? It is fun to see how much rain you have .. we need one of those .. Mama had one on the ranch she loved to check out all the time too. LOL!! Uncle also had one of those 'barameter' (sp) things too, Mama used to know how to read it. LOL!!

    Emi and Sophie have talked about coming to visit you they are both so excited to come see you. It is always sad to leave friends but fun to meet and make more friends too.

    Ta Ta,
    Kelsyee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kiki,
    I'm so glad you're a WebRanger now too! The activities are pretty fun. It took me a long time to do all 50, but I earned my patch almost 2 years ago now.

    I would love to visit some Rocky Mountain parks. My mama went to lots when she was little and I'm so jealous! I especially want to go to Rocky Mountain National Park and Great Sand Dunes too.

    P.S. Your rain meter is awesome!

    ReplyDelete