Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year

I was so excited about New Year's Eve! Tía Meli said we could have a slumber party and I had a secret plan: to stay up until midnight! I thought that if we played games and had enough things to keep us busy we could stay awake. Piece of cake. Right? Well... It started out fine.

Photobucket
I got some beads for Christmas and decided to share them, so we could each make necklaces. Ayla, Carla and I got started.

Photobucket
Ayla made hers first and she decided to go ahead and make one for Aleah who would be arriving soon.

Photobucket
Aleah came and was thrilled because she loves butterflies and we all put on our new necklaces.

Photobucket
Next on the agenda: PIZZA! What is a slumber party without pizza? teehee

Photobucket
After we ate we played Apples to Apples. Have you ever played it? It's a fun game and we laughed a lot and played it for a long time.

Photobucket
Then I passed out notepads and pencils so we could each write down some New Years resolutions. Mine are to learn more about birds because I want to be an ornithologist. That's a person who knows all about birds. Clara and Aleah both want to learn ballet and Ayla wants to learn to roller blade. At this point *yawn* we started to get... ummmmmmm... soooooo... sleepy.....

Photobucket
And this is what happened! Oh well. Maybe next year I will be able to stay awake until midnight!

Hugs and Happy New Year,
Kiki

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Kiki! I'm sorry you fell asleep before midnight! Next time, make sure you sleep in the morning of New Year's Eve. That way, you won't be sleepy as midnight approaches! ;)

    Your sleepover looked like fun, though I think I'm the only person who has never played Apples to Apples. I'm serious. Everyone loves it, but I've barely heard of it, let alone played it.

    Happy New Year! I miss you.

    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sleepover looked like fun, though I think I'm the only person who has never played Apples to Apples. I'm serious. Everyone loves it, but I've barely heard of it, let alone played it.
    Necklaces

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kiki,

    I got to stay-up for New Year's too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooohhh what a fun sleepover and I love the necklaces that you all made those were so kewl, we have not played apples to apples before either, I hope Mama gets it for us for Christmas, since we have our other Christmas on Jan 7th.

    We did not make it until New Years here either, we did stay up long enough for it to turn new years on the east coast and see McKenna's stuff. It is sad that all her fun little things are with the bed and you cannot get them separate. We really wanted the hamster and books. Oh well Mama says it saves us money. LOL!!

    We miss you all and cannot wait to someday see you again.

    Love,
    Emi, Tirya and the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete