Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A Springtime Discovery

american girl,kik,coalcreek

Hi everyone. I hope you are having a nice spring like we are. Today I got to go visit my favorite creek and see how things are changing.

american girl,kik,coalcreek

I watched the water rushing in the creek. It flows down from the mountains and comes from melted snow.

american girl,kik,coalcreek

Then I had a really exciting discovery! At first I thought there was a strange log on the other side of the creek.

american girl,kik,coalcreek

But, I looked closer and realized it was a turtle! It was about 3 feet long. I've never ever seen such a big turtle around here and neither has Tía! That was cool.

american girl,kik,coalcreek

Have you made any exciting discoveries this spring? Let me know!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! That is such a cool find. I saw a turtle one time, but it was tiny. That guy must've been bigger than you! Yikes.
    I'm hoping to go on a lot of nature hikes this summer with Mama and see what I can find. :)
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool turtle! Bre's next door neighbors used to have a turtle like that or bigger. It was neat and really old! I haven't discovered anything cool yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How totally KEWL was that .. maybe someone let him/her loose?? Or do they grow like that in your area normally. I love turtles they are so cute ..

    Our internet is bad here .. so we have to write quick ..

    Ta Ta,
    Kelsyee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neat find! He's huge!
    I never found anything like that before...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's very cool. We found a turtle once before, but were forced to set it loose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kiki,
    What a great discovery!! That's a big turtle! We're already moving past spring here and into summer. It's almost hit 100 degrees.
    hugs.
    Karma

    ReplyDelete