Saturday, March 25, 2017

Journey Girls - Photos and Review

Today I thought I would take over Kiki's blog to share two of my Journey Girls. They were all purchased at a very deep discount from Toys R Us. My opinion only, but I think the faces are very pretty and their eyes are beautiful. The bodies are not as nice as the AG's, and kind of look like where AG might be heading with the flatter bottoms. I like the vinyl breastplate which makes sleeveless and lower collared clothes look good. The hair is rooted and is perhaps not the quality of an AG wig, but is pretty, shiny and soft. The clothing made by JG is excellent with lovely fabrics and finished seams. It's actually better than many of AGs newer outfits, but won't fit the AGs since the JGs are slimmer which is too bad. The shoes don't fit AGs either. JGs have narrower feet that are also a tiny bit longer. I think of these girls as a bit older than my AGs, perhaps 10 - 12 years old, whereas my AGs are only 9 or 10.

Friends

Here are two girls with Kiki for comparison. Kerry on the left is wearing an outfit from Michael's. Kerry's hair is very thick, a lovely color and her green eyes are especially nice. They are a bit more green in real life, but this was just a photo taken with my phone. Julia in the middle is wearing an OG outfit. By the way, this OG outfit has real embroidery on the shirt and it's a nice sturdy cotton. The shorts are cute with a tie in front, but were much too tight for Kiki to wear. The outfit came with the bag, headband and sandals which I forgot to use. Julia's hair is not as thick as Kerry's, but I like the color and shine.

And a few more photos:

Kerry

Julia

Twins?
I find these girls to fit nicely in my doll collection, like the variety, and appreciate being able to pick up a little something for them at a low cost. I do have a variety of dolls in my collection and enjoy these so thought I'd share.

3 comments:

  1. I have on JG in collection too, I like to have some variety in the faces and bodies. Makes the group of "kids" seem more real. The one thing I really dislike about the JG's is that the eyes don't close. But other than that they are wonderful dolls.

    Kerry is a beauty by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are quite lovely. I think of the brands out there, Journey Girls is another favorite. It's too bad they can't completely share clothes. Some of their outfits are really cool, but just too snug on AG.
    ~Xyra

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have 2 JGs now. I recently bought one from Australia but I can't remember her name. I re-name them anyhow. lol I paid $34.99 Cdn for her. Our Toys R Us is very well stocked here in Canada. I'm keeping my eyes on the sales if there ever are any.

    ReplyDelete