Sunday, September 30, 2012

Homework Club - Part 2

A few blogs ago I wrote about the Homework Club that some of us started so we would not get behind at school. Well, what happens when a bunch of girls get together to do their homework? Not homework! We ended up chatting and giggling and having a great time, but did not get much accomplished. I started to worry about this when I heard that a few girls were getting concerned about keeping up at school and wondered how I could help. Then I had a great idea! I decided to ask Miss Samantha for help. She is the oldest and wisest doll in Pleasantview, so I knew she would be the one to turn to.
Photobucket

I went to the Parkington mansion and had a chat with Miss Samantha and her little sister, Amanda. Miss Samantha listened carefully and looked like she had a few good ideas brewing.

Photobucket

Miss Samantha said, "Don't worry, Kiki. I have a plan. Tell the girls to come over to my home tomorrow after school and everything will be ready." I left, looking forward to the next day to see what Miss Samantha had in mind.

Photobucket

The next day the girls began to arrive one by one and were ushered into a room that had been transformed into a classroom. Kit got there first. "Miss Samantha, I have been so busy working on the school newspaper that I am way behind on my math homework." "Don't worry, Kit," replied Miss Samantha, "just have a seat."

Photobucket

Ella came in and plopped right down in a desk without even stopping to greet anyone. "Sorry, Miss Samantha. I'm just so exhausted from running around like a chicken with it's head cut off, that I can barely stand up. I need to get organized!"

"I know just the thing you need," responded Miss Samantha. "I'll be with you shortly."

Photobucket

Emily came in with a concerned look on her face. "I have a science project due on Friday and I haven't even decided what to do it on! Can you help me?" she asked.

"Of course!" was Miss Samantha's reply.

Photobucket

But, just then Eva came bursting through the door. "O-M-G! I am sooooo going to fail my next spelling test! I've never gotten an "F" before and if I get one now my grade point average will be ruined. I'll never get into college or get a scholarship. This is like the worst thing that's ever happened to me!"

"Calm down, Eva," said Miss Samantha. "English words can be hard to spell and you just need to take some time and memorize them. I will help you."

Photobucket

The room was filled with tension as each girl worried about her problems, but Miss Samantha looked on with a calm demeanor.

...to be continued soon...

hugs,

Kiki

4 comments:

  1. Your Miss Samantha is like our Auynti Vyky, a great help and has awesome ideas to keep us where we should be too. Cannot wait to see what Samanthat comes up with for everyone.

    Laters, Jayd

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you left that hanging. I got a couple of my sisters to read these too. They could use help learning how to study without the giggling and talking.

    Your Friend
    Kyle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! I can't wait to see what happens next! That is the cutest scene ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The girls are really lucky to have Miss Samantha to help them. She's awesome. I can't wait to see how it all turns out for everyone! Good luck, girls!

    ReplyDelete